Monday 9 May 2011

Seriously Good Sauces - Butter Chicken Review

Curry is one of the staple dishes in our house.  The kids have been eating it from when they were babies and there is nothing me and himself like more than a good Indian!  I don't like anything too hot but I love a rich sauce.  So when I was offered the chance to review Seriously Good Indian Range of sauces I jumped at the chance!

The new Seriously Good Indian range comprises of four mouth-watering sauces based on authentic recipes inspired by Gordon Ramsay’s culinary trip to India in 2009.  As with the Seriously Good Italian range, the Indian sauces will be available all year round with at least 10p from the sale of every jar going to Comic Relief. Gordon does not get a penny from the range.  The sauces available include Royal Korma, Aromatic Masala, Butter Chicken and Spicy Red Curry.  I was sent the Butter Chicken to try.

I cooked it up very simply - fried off some onion, added some chicken and mushrooms and then poured in the Seriously Good Butter Chicken sauce and left it to cook for a while and then served it on a bed of rice.  I would have taken a picture but we scoffed the lot before I had a chance to!


I was impressed with the fact that it didn't stick to the pan or evaporate whilst cooking as some other brands of curry sauces I've tried have done.  Even when the dish had been simmering for 15 minutes or so it didn't seem to have reduced by much.  It also kept a glossy appearance, even after I had dished it up.


I thought it tasted really nice - spicy but not hot.  Himself didn't think it had much flavour, but he does like a hotter curry.  The children ate all of theirs which I think is review enough!


It was a really nice sauce to use and it's a great idea to be able to contribute to charity while cooking your dinner, but as the rrp is £1.99 I find it almost twice the price of my usual curry sauces so I probably wouldn't buy it unless it was on offer.  However if you regularly buy a branded curry sauce at a similar price it would definitely be worth paying a little extra as, to be fair, the quality does show.


I was sent a jar of Seriously Good Sauces Butter Chicken for the purposes of this review but the opinions expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback so please leave me a nice comment so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself!