Thursday 18 August 2011

Car Crash TV and Bitch Fights - What's the attraction?

Celebrity Big Brother got me thinking tonight - what is it that makes us watch something that is absolutely rubbish, or follow a bitch fight thread, or see what's gone off in a real car crash?

I first started thinking about this when a certain blogger got shot down in flames on a certain mum forum for the entrance she made, and as soon as I heard it was 'all kicking off' I had to go rushing over and read the entire thread to find out what was going off.

Tonight, I knew CBB was going to annoy me - but there's something compelling about watching something that's really awful.  As it turned out, it was a bit of a misnomer - 'Celebrity' Big Brother it ain't!  But that's beside the point.

What about you?  Are you a rubber necker?  Can you ignore a car crash?  Either the real kind or the TV kind?  Do you have to know all the details behind a twitter fight?  Or am I just nosey?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your feedback so please leave me a nice comment so I don't feel like I'm talking to myself!